Archive for the ‘national library week’ Category
The library is officially kicking off Library Card Sign-Up Month Today at the
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU????
- IT MEANS…FREE, FREE, FREE, AND MORE FREE LIBRARY CARDS.
- It means, the $1.50 you had to once pay to replace that lost library card will be waived.
- It means, instead of taking that walk up to our Adult Department to get your card, you can now get it replaced downstairs in your very own Children’s Department.
- It means, you can check out books, videos, music, books on CD or cassette, and use the computer for free.
- It means, most importantly, that your library card will be your personal key into the NEW LIBRARY that we will open next year.
HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!!
Come in and ask a library staff member how you an get your very own library card today.
Until we meet again,
~Remember, Reading is Awesome
Our very own Book Goddess has a wonderful list called “Top Ten Things to Love About Your Library.” My favorite from the list is “It’s future-oriented – Children who read are more successful in life.” Check it out!
And, listen…take the time, especially in light of all of the budget cuts happening here in Florida, to let your legislatures know just how important your city library is in your life, your child’s life or in the lives of others you love… Find your local legislatures at the Florida Senate Home Page
Did you know that the West Palm Beach Public Library is open 7 days a week for 595 hours and this library provides services to thousands of kids, teens and adults each week. We have wonderful events for all ages, great books, dvd’s, music and much more and the nicest staff members ever! If you don’t believe me, just check us out at http://www.mycitylibrary.org.
If you have a story to share about your wonderful experiences here at the library, you should share it with us here!